Join Siddharth Ramakrishnan on Sept. 15 occupying the Seattle Great Wheel!
“Here are some fun facts about the Seattle Great Wheel:
- The Seattle Great Wheel is the largest observation wheel on the west coast, standing 175 feet tall.
- The wheel has 42 fully-enclosed gondolas. Each gondola seats up to eight people, meaning the wheel can hold over 300 passengers at any given time.
- The wheel was manufactured in various parts of Europe and the United States, and assembled right at the end of the pier.
- The wheel extends nearly 40 feet beyond the end of the pier, over Elliott Bay.
- The Seattle Great Wheel is open year round. With fully-enclosed gondolas and a covered waiting area, the rain can’t stop the wheel from spinning!
- The Wheel weighs 280,300 pounds.
- 550 tons of concrete were poured to create the foundation for the wheel.”